Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Almost there...

At over 38 weeks pregnant, I'm feeling very ready to have this baby. It's been a relatively easy pregnancy (considering I've had a toddler to chase around this time) but I am so done with it. These last couple weeks I haven't been sleeping well, so instead of lying there frustrated and uncomfortable I decided to be more productive and write a blog post. With any luck, it will be the last one I write before baby girl comes!

Our biggest news is that we moved into a bigger place! We are still in the same area, but we now have a 2-bedroom town home with a lot more space instead of a tiny 1-bedroom apartment. It feels great to feel less cramped, especially with the new baby on the way. Will is adjusting pretty well. He loves to go up and down the stairs by himself and shuts every door in the house pretty much every day. He thinks it's hilarious to shut us out of a room or lock us in the closet. He also likes to sit out on our front steps and look at the parking lot. Taylor and I are enjoying having our own room (for about a week until the baby comes) and not having to sneak in at night with all the lights off. I personally love all the storage and closet space we have! We have an actual pantry cupboard in the kitchen, a big closet in each bedroom, a Harry Potter closet under the stairs and a laundry room/storage area downstairs. It seems silly to be so excited about it, but it really is a huge difference from our old place and we are loving it. On another note, I would NOT recommend moving at 38 weeks pregnant. I'm amazed we pulled it off. Taylor was out of town at a trade show for work all last week, so I was in charge of getting the apartment all packed and ready to go. Thankfully, I had lots of help from amazing people at church and it didn't take very long to get everything packed. One friend came and packed my whole kitchen in a matter of hours! We also had a really good turnout on Saturday to help Taylor pack and unload the truck. I was pretty useless and did a lot of "supervising" and "directing" from the couch, but we got everything moved in. People have even been coming to help us unpack. We are so blessed to have such wonderful, willing friends. (But I still never want to move while pregnant ever again.) :)

Will is almost 22 months old and he is at such a funny age. He is finally starting to pick up on more words (or at least half words) and his little language makes us laugh all the time. He says Mom or Mama, Dada ("danuh"), football ("footah"), truck ("tuck"), ball, bed, or bear (all "ba"), cereal ("see"), shower ("sha") and he imitates what we say a lot more. Today I asked if he wanted some fruit and he said "foo". When we ask him to say, "I love you" he smiles and says, "iieee". He loves to yell "byeee!" or even "bye see!" (Bye, see ya). When he has a dirty diaper he comes up to me, pats his diaper and says "Shay, shay" (change). Then while I change his diaper we take turns saying, "Eeewww!" 

He is VERY opinionated and when he doesn't want something he very emphatically shakes his head and says, "No, no, no!" "Will do you want to take a nap?" "No, no, no!" "Do you want some fruit?" "No, no, no!" "Do you need a time out?" "No, no, no!" When he does want something, instead of saying yes or nodding his head, he exhales as if he's relaxing or just finished off a glass of some refreshing drink. "Do you want to go outside?" "Ahhh." "Do you want some crackers?" "Ahhh." "Do you want to watch a movie?" "Ahhh."

He is finally going to nursery for both hours at church, but you'd think it was torture for him based on his reaction at the end of sacrament meeting. We don't even have to say anything anymore, he just knows that after we say the closing prayer and people start standing up to go to Sunday school that it's time for nursery. In a matter of seconds, he'll go from sitting quietly on Dad's lap and sucking his fingers to full-on tearful sobs. But then he calms down a few minutes after we leave him in nursery and he has a great time playing with all his little friends. 

I am excited to see him as a big brother. I think it will take some getting used to for him, but I think he'll be great. I don't know how much he understands what's going on with me being pregnant, but he does know something is about to happen. He's been a lot more snugly and needy lately, so I have been trying my best to take advantage of it. He is normally so active and busy I don't get any snuggle time with him. Plus with the baby coming I know I'll be pretty busy so I've been trying to squeeze in my last "just Will" time before things get crazy. He's been a good sport and we just love him so much. Sometimes I can't believe how big he's gotten. Part of me wants to keep him little like this forever but the other part is excited to watch him learn and grow. 

Being a wife and mother is the best choice I've ever made. I know I'm in for some sleepless, crazy months in the near future and there will be days where I won't feel in control of my life AT ALL, but every day I'm reminded of the joy I feel every time Will learns a new word, gives me a big smile, or comes to me for a hug or to kiss an owie better. I love being a mom and am excited for our baby girl to finally make her debut.

No comments:

Post a Comment