Toddler dreams came true this week. Will and his best buddy Harrison (who are both going through a major cowboy phase) got to ride ACTUAL HORSES on Wednesday!
It was Elizabeth's idea (Harrison's mom). She talked to Wendy Hull in our ward and asked if we could bring our boys over to have a real cowboy experience riding their horses. The Smiths moved to Pasadena last month, we took turns being out-of-town, and finally our schedules matched up and they made the long trek back to Agoura (ok... it's not that long but it's further away than I want the Smiths to live). Will wore his cowboy hat and boots (and his Dodger shirt, of course). Harrison wore his cowboy hat, bandana, and carried his cowboy rope. (And Taylor also wore his cowboy hat and cowboy boots... Will is definitely his son.)
We had so much fun.
Bishop Hull eased them into it and started them off feeding the horses carrots. Harrison was fearless, fed them completely by himself, but he would only feed the carrots to one of the two horses. Will took a little more prodding. He loved watching the horses eat the carrots, loved holding the bucket, loved throwing the carrots at the horses but (understandably) he wasn't too keen about putting his hands anywhere near those horse teeth.
"It's so easy, Will!"
(He was pulling away before the horse even got the carrot.)
After all the carrots were gone Bishop Hull brought out Dusty.
I am not really an animal person and horses kind of terrify me but isn't he a beautiful horse?
I was doubtful that Will would touch a horse, let alone ride one, so we had our buddy Simon (the Hulls' grandson and Will's new joy school friend) on standby ready to show the boys how it's done. But they didn't need it. They both brushed the horse a couple times and then they were ready to ride it! Harrison went first, rode down the driveway, then Will switched with him, rode down the road a bit, then Simon had his turn. They each took 2 or 3 turns each. They loved it! And it was adorable and amazing how small they looked on this huge horse.
This face.
Will and Simon patiently waiting their turn (for about a minute before they found some rocks to throw).
I love these boys. I'm so glad the Smiths didn't move to another state or something else drastic.
And then there's this cutie:
I just adore her so much.














Thank you!!!!! I just love these. I want to print all of them and put them on my refrigerator. Love the Hulls!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great moment captured on photo and in word
ReplyDeleteSo fun!
ReplyDelete