Monday, May 28, 2018

Sunday walk

A couple weeks ago we decided to drive down to Zuma Beach on a Sunday afternoon for a family walk on the beach. It was really windy but we got to see some windsurfers in the water (which was pretty cool) and there weren't that many people on the beach. In the winter the beach is always covered in big sand dunes (I think to prevent flooding with high tide? Not sure.) and since they hadn't completely cleared them away for summer yet the kids loved climbing up and jumping off.
















The highlight, however, was the horde of seagulls in the parking lot. Luke is kind of obsessed with birds and was going NUTS over so many seagulls flying around. They kept running through all of them and the seagulls kept coming back thanks to an old man in a walker who was feeding them. It was pretty awesome.

And miracle of miracles, I got in some pictures!

Then there's this handsome guy. I really married a winner. Seriously, I don't think I could handle this whole mom of 3-almost-4 thing without him. He is so patient, so fun, so thoughtful, and always so aware of me and what I need. I can't count the number of days this pregnancy where he has come to my rescue and made dinner or taken the kids on an outing or just done something to make my day better, easier, and less chaotic. He is an amazing husband and the best dad. I'm so glad that we get to raise our family together and that I'm stuck with him for eternity.

Now all we need is for baby boy to join us. If he doesn't come today then I'm getting induced tomorrow and I can't wait to finally meet this little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment