Thursday, March 21, 2013

Colt & Carter

Two weeks and one day ago Will got his first Moss cousins! Taylor's sister Hailey had twin boys, Colten (Colt) and Carter Larsen and last weekend we got to go visit them in St. George! They are so cute and tiny. I know it's normal to forget how small newborns are but they were especially small. They came a few weeks early and were both under 5 pounds. They hardly fit into their preemie-sized diapers and they were swimming in their "newborn" outfits. But in spite of their small size and after a week in the NICU (they weren't breathing well on their own at first), they are home, healthy, and SO adorable. We love them so much. We are so proud of and happy for Hailey and Marty. 

I also got to do a little photo shoot with them. Not gonna lie, I was kind of hoping they would sleep for most of it so I could position them how I wanted to and they would stay that way. But the little stinkers were awake the whole time! So on the bright side, their eyes are open! But my dreams of Pinterest-worthy twin poses didn't really work out. Still, I love how these turned out. They are such handsome little boys and are so precious. 

Here are some of my favorites:

And just to emphasize how hard it was (still is) to remember which is which...
This is Carter. (I think..)
And this is Colt. (Right, Hailey?)
While we were in St. George, we also got to go to Taylor's brother Evan's baseball games where we saw Taylor's Grandpa Lerman and Uncle Josh. We also got to visit with his Grandpa Bill. We got to be there when Grandpa met his new great-grandsons for the first time. He teared up a little bit. It was very special to have him and all 3 of his great grandchildren in the same room.
1st, 3rd, and 4th generations of boys. (We missed Taylor's dad)
While I was testing out some places to take pictures of the twins, Will became my test subject.
I just can't help taking pictures of him. :)
And because Will was SO eager to get my attention camera while I was taking pictures I put Taylor in charge of distracting him. It was a warm day so Taylor took him swimming. But the pool was a little cold... so Will did NOT like getting dunked. After they were outside for only a few minutes I heard Will screaming and crying. Then he and Taylor came to the door dripping wet and mom came to the rescue with a towel and his bear. Here he is not quite calmed down, still wet, a tear running down his cheek, snotty nose, and teddy bear in hand. I think this pretty much describes Will's feelings about the whole thing.

1 comment:

  1. Love how they turned out :) Sorry they weren't asleep for you.. Guess you'll just have to come back to St. George and take some more ;) Thanks for taking some pictures of them! We are so glad you were able to come meet our boys and spend time with us! We love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete