Taylor and my dad left last night to ski in Mammoth for the weekend so today it was just me and Will all day. It's been a pretty great week and now that Will is asleep and it's just me by myself, I just wanted to share some of the highlights.
Monday: I got to do a photo shoot with a cute little 3-month-old boy in the ward.
Tuesday: Will and I went on a date with my mom to Le Pain Quotidien in Calabasas. This was a restaurant/bakery that we went to in Brussels a lot when we lived there almost 7 years ago. Now there are several in California so it was fun to be back in Belgium for an hour or so. Will liked the bread and the echo that his yells made in the restaurant.
Wednesday: Will's TWIN COUSINS Colt and Carter Larsen were born!! Taylor's sister Hailey sent me a text around noon saying, "The boys are coming today!" at which point I turned to Will, put my hands in the air and said, "Your cousins are coming, Will!" He responded with a big smile, and copied my hands in the air. He had no idea what I was talking about, but it was still cute. I also got so excited that I built a fort (for Will of course...). Yeah, being a mom is the best. Will and I hung out in there a lot and we left it up until Taylor got home so he could play in the fort before Will went to bed. The best part about the fort was that part of the "door" had a sheet hanging over it and Will got his face stuck in it almost every time he walked out.
Thursday: Will "helped" with the laundry. He pulled each item out of the hamper and handed it to me to fold (at first... then he just threw them everywhere). Then I put the clothes away and Will followed me as I went back and forth between the living room and the bedroom. As I was heading back with the last pile of clothes out came Will through the bedroom door dutifully carrying his own pile.... of clothes that I had put away just seconds before. But hey, I love how much he wants to help, even if it means I have to do and redo things several times.
Today: I talk to Will a lot. Not necessarily because I think he understands or because I expect a response (his vocabulary is still mostly dada and mama) but more because it's better than talking to myself all day. Lately, however, I've started to realize that Will actually does understand some things. This morning I asked Will, "Are you ready for nap time, Will?" and he quietly walked to the bedroom door, waited patiently for me to open it, grabbed his teddy bear, walked up to the crib and basically tried to climb up himself. I guess he was really ready for that nap! It was so cute, funny, and amazing at the same time that I just laughed. I was not expecting that.
Some of the other new questions he responds to are:
"Do you want a bottle?" or "Do you want some milk?": He runs to the kitchen and cries impatiently when I say it. Then when he actually sees the full bottle he very deliberately picks a place on the floor to lie down and drink.
"Are you hungry? Do you want some to eat some food?": He runs to his high chair and pulls on it or tries to take off his shirt because we usually strip him down before each meal (it's just easier to clean him that way).
"Do you want some Cheerios?": He runs to the coffee table where I normally put a handful of Cheerios to keep him busy.
Who knows what I'll learn about our little boy next week. I feel like every day he's got some new trick up his sleeve and some new way to wrap Mommy and Daddy around his tiny little fingers. We are absolutely smitten with him and I hope he always knows how much we love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment