*Disclaimer* I'm sorry this is kind of gross. I tried to keep it vague.
Important lesson #1: Always make your kids wear pants.
At least during naps. Sometimes when I put Will down for a nap he just sits in his crib and talks to himself. I'm fine with that. As long as he's just talking I leave him there for some "quiet time". Then once the talking turns to crying I go get him. Yesterday's morning nap was like that. Except normally when I go in he's not standing there with all of his stuffed animals and blanket in hand... diaper completely OFF and the contents of the diaper all over the crib. Ew. No more sleeping in just a diaper for him.
Important lesson #2: Clorox wipes and disinfecting spray are a mom's best friend.
Obviously.
Important lesson #3: Being a mom is great, even with the bad things.
The best part of yesterday actually happened because of this little disaster. After he was all clean, his crib was disinfected and while all of his bedding and stuffed animals were in the wash, Will started wandering and whimpering around the apartment and came back into the living room looking so sad and confused--I know he was looking for his teddy bear and giraffe. So instead of seeking comfort in his stuffed animals like he normally does, he came and snuggled with me. For a looong time! That is really rare for Will. Normally his snuggling happens in small 5 second bursts and then he's off doing something else.
So even though it wasn't fun to clean up the mess (and I don't even want to think about how long Will was playing with the diaper before I got to him), yesterday was just another reassurance of my decision to be a mom. It comes with the worst, most inconvenient moments, but it also comes with the best. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Plus Will's just so stinkin' cute! I know, I need to put up pictures soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment