I am so behind... this summer has been busy! I've been trying to decide how to put a wedding, a family reunion, a trip to Utah, my parents moving to South Africa, pregnancy updates, and Will updates all into a single blog post and today I decided that that is ridiculous. So I'm just going to break it up and go chronologically until I'm caught up.
Today's focus: Stacy's wedding!
My Aunt Stacy got married on June 22 in the Los Angeles Temple. In the week leading up to the wedding all of my mom's siblings and their families came to town (she's one of 9 so that's a big deal!) and Will and I got to party with my cousins, aunts, and uncles. Because of the age difference between my aunts and uncles some of my cousins are 10 years older than me and some of my cousins are younger than Will. So it was funny to see him playing with kids who are technically part of my generation.
On Thursday we went to Zuma Beach with everyone in town who could make it. We've been braving the beach a lot more this summer. Last year, Will was still a little too young to enjoy it. He didn't like the sand, he couldn't really move around to play, and the one time we went it was freezing cold and cloudy. Not fun. This year, however, he loves it. He could throw sand into a bucket of water for an hour--and he would if there weren't waves to distract him. He LOVES the water. He is completely fearless going into the waves. You know how most little kids run towards the waves, see them coming and run away laughing before they hit? Not Will. He runs towards the waves, I grab hold of him and he gets pommelled by a "giant" wave (ie. knee high for me, mid-chest for Will) as he laughs and screams his head off. Then I lug him up as far from the water as he'll let me, just so he has a little further to run and so the waves have time to recede and come back. It's tiring for me but he has so much fun. Luckily, the water is usually cold enough that after a little bit I can convince him to get out and get wrapped up in a warm towel.
Anyways, back to my extended family. We all went to the beach (Taylor had to work so Will and I went with my mom) and then everyone met up at my parents' house for swimming, burgers, and s'mores.
On Friday night, we went to a family dinner at my Great Aunt Kathy's house in Canyon Country. We had yummy pizza, my Aunt Kari made her famous chocolate chip cookies, Will played with my cousins, I met a bunch of my mom's extended family that I didn't know or knew their names but hadn't really met before, Taylor got to see my Great Uncle Bob's gun collection (he disappeared along with a handful of my uncles for part of the night and we couldn't figure out where they had gone!), and we got to meet Stacy's new in-laws. That's also where I took this gem of my new uncle... (Welcome to the family Dave) :)
And this cute picture of my two favorite boys...
On Saturday Stacy and Dave got married. They are both cry-babies. :) They cried happy tears the whole ceremony and Dave had to wipe his glasses a couple times. It was sweet and Stacy looked beautiful. So happy.
After the temple, the bride and groom took pictures and the rest of us went to Tito's Tacos. (Is this how my brain remembers events? By what food we ate?) All dressed up, including the little flower girls in cute white dresses, and greasy, authentic Mexican food. (I think we made it without any spills though!) And if that wasn't enough, my family (or at least those of us there: my parents, Taylor, Will and me) and the Evans family (my mom's sister Kari's family) also went to Diddy Riese by UCLA to get ice-cream cookie sandwiches. (If I didn't look pregnant at the beginning of the day, I certainly did by the end.) Then we went to the reception at my grandparents' house where there was more food, gelato, and desserts.
So basically, Stacy's wedding day was spent eating good food with lots of people that we like. Sounds like a great way to celebrate to me!
Some other pictures from the temple...
My parents, who just moved to South Africa on Thursday (more on that later).
This handsome guy who loves to hold his tie but hates to wear it.
And just to prove we were there too... (I guess when you say, "Press the button halfway to focus," you also need to say, "Look at the red dot to see if you're actually focusing on the people.") :)
Congratulations, Stacy and Dave!







No comments:
Post a Comment