In my effort to post about the little things so I didn't forget, I've actually missed quite a few big events from the past couple months. In May we made two separate trips to St. George, UT to see Taylor's family. Taylor's Grandpa Moss passed away April 28th and the funeral was held Saturday May 4, 2013. It was a small outdoor service in Parowan, UT. Taylor and his dad both spoke at the funeral and gave very tender talks. They shared entertaining quotes and stories from Grandpa's life (there are a lot of them) :) and both talked about the example and legacy of faith, hard work, and charity that Grandpa gave us. Although we are sad to see him go, we know that he has been reunited with his wife and his son and that we will see him again. He has been a great example to all of us and we will miss him very much.
Grandpa Moss with all 3 of his great grandsons in March 2013.
Taylor's dad
Grandpa was buried next to his wife Pauline. From what I've heard, she was about as funny as Grandpa. She picked this spot herself because it was up on the hill and she wanted to look down on everyone else. :)
Taylor's dad with some of his Moss cousins.
The second trip we made to St. George was only 2 weeks after the first. Hailey and Marty blessed their twins Colt and Carter. It also happened to be the same weekend that Taylor's brother Evan was playing in the State Championships for baseball in Orem, UT. We got in to St. George Friday night (late), then Saturday Taylor caught a ride with his brother Garrett up to Orem for the day to watch the games (unfortunately they didn't win), and Sunday we went to church for the baby blessings and drove back home to California. Will and I stayed in St. George on Saturday because I don't think Will could have handled 3 days in a row of long car rides. We almost didn't go up for the weekend because the trips were so close together, but we were glad that we came. Sometimes I still can't believe that Hailey and Marty have twins! I don't know how they do it. I know they're a lot of work but they sure are two sweet little boys.
Marty, Hailey, Colt and Carter
Taylor's Grandpa Lerman with Will and the twins








No comments:
Post a Comment