Saturday, June 15, 2013

Splash Pad Fun

We have a park down the street from us that we like to go to. Now that it's summer, the splash pad is open and last week we went twice in two days. The first day Will and I went to the park and I wasn't planning on doing the splash pad because I wasn't sure when it was on. We got to the park--it was on. So I snuck past it with Will in the stroller and he was happy to play on the playground. Success. But then he got so sweaty and sandy that I caved and we went to play in the water, clothes and shoes and all. I could hardly get him to come home.

The next day my friend Elizabeth invited us to go with her and her son Harrison to go play in the splash pad. So this time I put Will in a swimsuit, brought a towel and a camera, and I was ready to sit by the splash pad and watch the two boys play. After not too long in the water, Will decided he was done with it and would rather play on the playground. So much for planning. I kept trying to bring him back and he kept running away. Oh well. He and Harrison had fun and I still got pictures. Good day.

What we got when we told Harrison to "Say cheese!"
Harrison telling Will about the surfboards on his shirt.
Will's not the greatest listener.
My favorite.
Harrison lounging after a long half hour of playing.

I also got this picture of Will...
Which reminds me of this picture of me...
Except my cheeks aren't full of snacks.
No wonder I can't get Will to smile for the camera.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know next time you are doing splash pad. And I am sorry Heather, I didn't do splash pads with you. That is why you were so sad all the time I think but...you are never to old to go for the splash pad Heather!

    ReplyDelete