1. Emma loves to be held. She can be screaming her head off but when you pick her up she will usually stop immediately. Especially if you hold her upright so she can see. When she's really tired or cranky she prefers me but if she's just a little upset anyone can hold her and she's content.
2. Emma loves to nurse. Will had more of the "I came, I ate, I conquered, what's next?" mentality. Emma is a quick eater as well, but she normally keeps nursing after she's finished eating just because she likes to. It's also the best way to put her to sleep at night. I think it goes along with her love of being held.
3. She is starting to sleep through the night! We made it! When I had Will, my mom's advice was, "Just get to 3 months then it all gets better." And she was right. So my goal with Emma was to get to 12 weeks. Well, 12 weeks came and went and she still wasn't sleeping any better at night. She was so unpredictable, and I was so tired. I know some parents go through months or years of their kids not sleeping well, but for me even just a couple weeks over my expectations was killing me. Will slept through the night at 10 weeks by himself so I have no experience with sleep training. I was worried. So we tried to stick to a bedtime routine for both of the kids and let her cry it out if it didn't work. Then suddenly she started consistently sleeping 6 hour stretches at night, then a week later she slept 11 hours. Now it's becoming a regular thing! And if she does wake up, it's only once and I just have to feed her and she goes back to sleep. It's amazing. I feel like I have some normalcy back in my life.
4. She has laughed for Taylor but every time I think she's about to really laugh for me she gets the hiccups.
5. When Emma starts to get upset, before she starts full on crying, she squeals. It's like a little cockatoo. It sounds like a happy squeal but she has an angry face.
6. She HATES tummy time. Every time I make her lie on her stomach she kicks and flails and screams. She hasn't figured out yet that she needs to push with her arms, not her legs. Her legs are really strong, so when she pushes with them her face just gets pushed into the ground even more and she gets really frustrated.
7. She has tripled our laundry (at least). I'm serious. She seems to spit up everything that she eats (I don't understand how she's so chunky) on everything that she, Taylor, or I wear. And she has a diaper blowout at least 3 times a week. I've been trying to follow my sister's suggestion to do all my laundry in one day and not worry about the rest of the week but Emma is kind of making that impossible. She's perfectly healthy, but man is she messy.
8. She just transitioned to Will's old crib and shares Will's room at night. During the day she sleeps in a pack-n-play in our room or in her swing or bouncer.
9. She still likes her bouncer and swing. She also likes to sit in the Bumbo because she can see everything. (She likes to look at things.)
10. Her favorite thing to look at: Her fist.



No comments:
Post a Comment