Sunday, August 20, 2017

Park City Part 2

Fishing at Deer Valley

I have officially been fishing one time in my life and that was with my mom and dad and sister Brooke up in Mammoth one summer. I was the only one who caught a fish and I made my dad take it off the hook. So I was more than fine to not have a fishing license this time around. Taylor fished and helped the kids and I just got to watch, document, and enjoy the beautiful mountains, green grass, and golden light.

Meanwhile, Will actually did catch a fish! All on his own! He cast off, reeled it in, had Dad unhook it, touched it (that's more than I ever did), got a picture with it and let it back into the water. He was (and is) so proud. 

Taylor helped Emma catch a few fish but she lost every single one. She was a very distracted fisherman--looking around, forgetting to keep reeling, and then 5 minutes later would realize, "Oh no, Dad, my fish is gone!" She was more interested in the beautiful "fyowers" and the ducks swimming in the pond. But I think she had fun and was very nervous/excited to touch one of the other fish that Taylor caught (without her help).

And Luke just sat in his stroller and smiled and/or growled at everybody.

Will's first fish!
"Will, show me your 'I caught a fish' face."

No comments:

Post a Comment