In November I got to go spend four days (kidless) in San Diego with some of my college roommates and let me tell you, it was amazing. It wasn't just refreshing to have a weekend for myself (thank you, Taylor!) but also to have a weekend with these girls. I didn't realize how much I missed them in my life! We're all at varying stages of life/careers/kids/etc. and yet it was really easy to spend a weekend together catching up. It was so inspiring to me to see what all of us have been through and learned and experienced in the years since we've been roommates. Between the five of us we've served missions, went through family hardships, pursued additional education, started businesses, had several kids, travelled to and/or lived in cool places, changed career paths, have held all kinds of church callings, and have all kinds of different interests and hobbies. I'm so lucky to know each one of these girls.
Although we spent most of the weekend just talking and catching up, we also visited some San Diego sights: the beach at Coronado, the Mormon Battalion historical site, seaport village, another cool beach whose name I forget and a lighthouse. We got pedicures, went for walks, ate gelato, watched movies (In the middle of the day. Because we could.) and were pretty much constantly fed by Heather Breeze's parents (whose house we were staying at). I even managed to eat a lot of the food (along with pretty consistent, daily bagel-and-cream-cheese breaks) even though I was still at the tail end of morning sickness.
I also managed to schedule this girls' trip right on the same weekend as our kids' primary program. Oops. I didn't want to miss Emma's first one so while I was trying to figure out logistics, one of my roommates offered to come with me. So Becky and I drove up from San Diego in the morning, watched Will and Emma in the primary program, and drove back to San Diego after the program to finish up our weekend. It was a bit of a long day but it worked out. The whole trip was so worth it. I love these girls.
We saw a submarine going out to sea (which I thought was pretty cool!).























Great to have good friends! I love your trip! Love best of all the picture of you! You are so beautiful!
ReplyDelete