I have a long list of funny things the kids say that I keep on my phone. I realized I haven't shared it in a while so prepare yourself for over a year's worth of Will quotes. :)
2/11/18
Favorite color: black and lime green
Favorite food: In-N-Out
Favorite day: Wednesday
Favorite ice cream: chocolate
Favorite dessert: cinnamon pretzels
Favorite thing to do: play football
Favorite person: Dylan T.
Favorite book: Three Little Pigs
Favorite animal: eagle
Favorite character: Te Ka (from Moana)
Favorite sports team: Eagles
Favorite toy: my football
Favorite shirt: my Nike shirt, of course
Favorite song: All I Do Is Win
Favorite chore: putting school supplies away
Favorite number: "9, wait no 8... that was close."
Why?: "Because that’s when you get baptized."
Favorite snack: yogurt drink
Favorite vegetable: "Apples, oh that’s a fruit. Um... carrots with ranch."
Favorite drink: "Water. I love sports so I need water."
Favorite store: "Target. No, the Nike store!"
2/11/18
Looking at pictures on the blog we came across pictures of our family at Easter when Taylor still had glasses. “Hey, that’s Easter when dad was blind!”
1/22/18
"My tummy keeps making a sound. I think I need some meat." (At 3pm)
1/22/18
Will: Can I have a cookie?
Mom: Nope, because there’s not enough for everyone.
Will: Well someone must have had some! Who was it?
Mom: Me.
Will: What????? You can’t eat cookies when you’re pregnant!
1/2/18
Me: Will, if you help me with all these chores today I’ll pay you a dollar!
Will: Cool! How many bucks is that?
Me: One.
Will: Why? What about 5? Or 100?
12/26/17
"Wow, they’re pretty talentive!"
12/10/17
Will: We got a lot Jewish stuff in our classroom.
Taylor: Oh yeah? Like what?
Will: Like coffee.
Taylor: Coffee isn’t Jewish!
Will: Yeah! It’s a Jewish drink!
Taylor: Will, a lot of people drink coffee.
Will: So there are a lot of Jewish people?
11/24/17
Will and Emma were playing/pretending something in the car and I hear Will say, “Siri, I’m sorry that I called you Alexa.”
10/19/17
About an hour after the kids go to bed, Hernandez hit his 3rd home run of the night. Dad cheers and immediately (like he was listening at the door or something!) Will comes out of his room, shakes his finger at Dad and says, “I heard you say that so I had to come see it.”
6/28/17
"Mom look at my artisting!"
6/15/17
Talking about Emma's friend Savannah's birthday present: "She's going to LOVE that. She's just going to sparkle up when she sees it."
6/14/17
"You know what makes me happy? It's friends."
4/28/17
Luke farted in the car and the other kids laughed. Then I asked, "Ew who was that? Will?"
"No."
"Emma?"
"No."
Then Will chimed in, as if Emma needed more clarification, "Emma, are you sure? Did you feel a push out of your bum?"
4/28/17
While looking for the legos in one of his sets:
"Sometimes my brain is smarter than just myself."
"When I don't remember a piece my brain will just show me and then I find it!"
"I'm pretty much a smarty pants."
After he helped Emma set up some of her legos:
Will: "Here Emma, now Ariel can clean all of her weapons. And her house."
Emma: "But Ariel doesn't have any wipes."
Will: "Just pretend."
Emma: "Oh, otay!"
Mom (pointing to a pile of Lego jewels): "Are those Ariel's treasures?"
Emma (with a little snarl): "No! Dose are NOT her tweasures. Dose are her magic FINGS."
Will: "Yeah, those are her magic things for Ariel to take over the Lego city!"
*Will gasps*
Will: "I have to build all my Lego guy vehicles before Ariel comes and destroys the Lego city. She turns them all into girls!"
Emma shrugs: "She needs some more dirlfwends (girlfriends)..."
3/12/17
(In the tune of "Follow the Prophet") Follow the beetles! Follow the beetles! Follow the beetles! If you are a Jewish person!
3/2/17
When he had calmed down after a long, violent tantrum I hugged him and said, "It's okay Will, is it just hard to be 5?" Tearfully and so broken-hearted he responded, "Yeah, it was a lot easier to be 4."
1/28/17
After we explained that we should change our underwear everyday Will says, "Okay. First thing I'm gonna do when I wake up: Breathe, put new underwear on, make myself toast."
1/7/17
Before dinner I told Will he and Emma could split a cookie after dinner. While they're eating, Emma says she doesn't want a cookie.
Will: "Can I have a whole cookie since Emma doesn't want one?"
Me: "No, you can still have a half."
Will: "Ok. How about we split it in half and I eat both pieces?"
1/7/17
"When I get up to here (top of his head) and I'm full of food then everything goes down and then I get hungry again."
"Everything goes where?"
"Um... through my feet?"
12/30/16
Emma asked Will for help braiding her pony's hair and said, "It has to be beautiful." So Will says sweetly, "Okay, Emma. I will try to make it as beautiful as possible."
12/11/16
I was having a whisper contest with Will (to try to get him to talk more quietly for a bit). Finally he says (in a normal voice): "Mom we should talk like Spanish."
Mom: "What does Spanish sound like?"
Will: "Like this. You just talk loud!"
Mom: "Oh really?"
Will: "Yeah."
Mom: "Where did you learn that?"
Will: "I just knowed."
Mom: "You just knew how to speak Spanish?"
Will: "Yeah, when I was a baby in your tummy I learneded!"
10/3/16
After having a tantrum, gagging on and spitting out his mandatory "try it" bite into the trash Will told meal not to make food that he doesn't like.
Will: "Just make a list of all the foods that I like."
Me: (trying to teach him that it's good to try new things by reminding him about the Chinese food he ate earlier that day) "But Will, remember earlier today at the restaurant you said, 'Mom, I tried it and I liked it!'?"
Will: "Yeah. Add that food to my list!"
No comments:
Post a Comment