We're back from Lake Powell! My family has been going there for a long time and I'm still amazed by how beautiful it is. Red rocks and sand, blue sky, sparkling water and lots of cool rock formations--a whole week of
...this...
Okay, so it wasn't like this all week. We actually had a couple storms (which were a relief--it was so HOT the first couple days!) and we had one very calm morning where it rained and we sat in the houseboat looking for waterfalls coming off of the rocks (still beautiful, but nothing like the above pictures).
Because of work, school starting, and our little nephew still in the hospital only about half of the family was able to come, but we managed to make the most of it and (don't tell my siblings) actually enjoyed the extra leg room on the houseboat. ;) We didn't play as many board games as we usually do and the ski boat wasn't constantly in use like it normally is, but we had a nice, relaxing week.
Soft-serve ice cream (and root beer floats) at Dangling Rope Marina.
Spitting off the dock and watching the carp swarm and try to eat it. (Didn't do much of this this year but that's fine by me. Carp Fish creep me out.)
Reading a LOT. (I almost finished 3 books this trip!)
Caton caught his first fish EVER!
Brooke serenaded us all week with her newly discovered guitar skills (she loves it and is really talented).
Will discovered the sand.
And he worked on crawling. (He can now get from point A to point B...with a lot of effort.)
Jack and Caton snorkeled.
(The dynamic duo.)
We also worked on our tans with my sister Brooke and cousin Rachel, explored on the wave runner, made s'mores, campfire pies, and dutch oven cobbler (thank you Taylor!), and of course watched Ryan, 5-year-old Jack, and my dad light lots of illegal fireworks every night. We also spent a lot of the week trying to get Will to like the water.
He didn't like the life jacket...
(My mom imitating Will.)
He didn't like the personal "pool" we made for him...
And he wasn't too sure about the inner tube we got him...
(Jack imitating Will.)
But eventually I sat in the shallows and put him on my lap and judging by how wet I got from him splashing and the fact that he wasn't crying or grimacing... I think he liked it.
It was a pretty great week.
On a sadder note, for the first time ever, Brooke left me behind (instead of the other way around) to go back up to BYU. I miss her already!
Nice pictures el photographer! I especially like the last one
ReplyDeleteI'll have you know I was the photographer on the picture that you especially like ;) Thank you.
DeleteSlightly bitter reading this. Reference 25 things about Matt 2009... but glad you guys had a nice time. :)
ReplyDeleteYou mean #9? Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. Didn't miss that all that much. :)
DeleteNice job Heather. You captured our wonderful week. Sad we didn't have everyone there, but I must admit that it was very relaxing for me.
ReplyDelete