Sunday, January 4, 2015

Playtime

I've been taking a lot more pictures the past couple months and have finally settled down after the holidays to edit them. These ones are from November 21st. Most days Emma will nap in the morning from about 9 to 11. Whenever she wakes up Will says, "Mom! Emma's awake!" and I ask him, "Should we go get her?" "No! I get her!" and he races up the stairs to beat me to the door. (He's really into "me first" for everything.) Then we open the door, Emma is adorably happy and dazed to see us and we play in their room for a little bit. At some point Will usually puts all of his stuffed animals, pillows, and blankets (there's a lot of them) into Emma's crib, climbs in with Emma and begs me to "Trick the kiddos" (aka hide behind the corner, jump out and scare them). Sometimes he'll just run around the room and jump on the bed to show off for Emma. Or sometimes he rides his monkey (resourceful alternative for a cowboy without a horse). And occasionally I grab my camera. We play until we're hungry or someone starts crying, then we eat lunch, play some more, and I push nap time as late as they can make it so they'll take a nice long nap and I can get a nice long break.




1 comment:

  1. I love how you play with your kids! They feel loved when you do that!

    ReplyDelete