Friday, January 2, 2015

The Sweatshirt Song: 10 Things About Will

1. During breakfast one day, Will says to me. "Mom I fat." "You're fat?" "Yeah, like Emma!"

2. I am constantly learning what things I say frequently enough for Will to copy them. One day I had Emma upstairs with me and Will comes walking up the stairs saying, "Emma! Emma Sweetheart! Where are you?"

3. That same day, Will put Emma to "sleep" in our closet. She climbed in her favorite cardboard box, he pushed her in the box into our closet, and said sweetly "Shh! Go to sleep, Emma." Then he turned the light off and shut the door. Emma was not a fan. Will laughed.

4. Will likes Daddy best and Emma likes me best. We joke about it, but most days it's true. Proof: I went to get Will out of his room after he woke up in the morning. He looked at me, shook his head and said very matter-of-factly, "No, I don't like you. Daaad??"

5. Sometimes Will says his own prayers but sometimes he wants us to help. A couple weeks ago Taylor was helping him. He said, "Thank you for the gospel." And Will said, very confidently, "Thank you for Costco!" Trying not to laugh, Taylor repeated himself and again Will said, "We thank you for Costco!"  Not exactly what we were going for but I guess it's still true, right?

6. Will is learning his letters. He doesn't recognize what they look like yet, but we talk about letters and sounds. One day we were singing the alphabet and he sang "LMNOP.... in the toilet." Classy.
He is also learning to spell his full name out loud. So far the most consistent way he spells it when asked is "O-S-S-S."

7. When you ask him to count he always starts with "1, 2, 3.... (some variation of) 4, 5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 2, 3, 8....(and finally) TEN!"

8. When he isn't happy with or doesn't like what I say, lately he just yells, "NO!" or "Raaarrr!"

9. His favorite movie this week is Despicable Me or "aspic-a-bowl moovie" because he thinks the minions are hilarious. (I think they remind him of himself.)

10. He really likes Coldplay. His favorite songs are "The star song" (Sky Full of Stars) in second place and "Elephant Song" (Paradise- the YouTube video has the band in elephant costumes) in a definite first place. He rocks out with some drumsticks, dances around the floor, and sings "Pawa Pawa Pawadise! OoooooOoOooh!" Also, I think all the music has inspired him to write his own songs. We were driving the other day and I said, "Will, can you sing a song?" "Yeah, I sing sweatshirt song. (Then sang loudly and with who knows what melody) DA SWEATSHIRT SOOOONG I WEAR MY SWEATSHIRT!" This boy just cracks me up.





1 comment:

  1. Oh my little buddy Will! He always makes me smile. You are blessed with his happy disposition. He keeps life interesting! He is so smart. Taylor is such a great dad and role model.

    ReplyDelete