The mountains are Taylor's happy place. When I was super pregnant with Levi, Taylor asked if we could go spend a month in the Park City (mostly so he could mountain bike every day). I don't remember exactly what I said, but something along the lines of "We're already going on a major trip" and "We'll have a newborn." (Sound reasons, right?) Well, he kept suggesting it (subtly, relatively tactfully) and giving alternative options and shortening the amount of time he wanted to go. Finally it came to, "What about a week? I'm either going to go by myself, or you can come with me." (with a grin on his face that I rolled my eyes at but I couldn't really say no to...) So I repeated my summer mantra ("Either I'll be sleep-deprived with a newborn at home or I'll be sleep-deprived with a newborn somewhere else.") and we all went to Park City for a week. Turns out Taylor has some pretty good ideas. ;)
We rented a condo with access to a pool, swam every day, went on the Alpine Slide, ate at some of our favorite restaurants, had my parents out for an afternoon of Grandma's chocolate chip cookies and swimming, went hiking with the kids, and Taylor and the kids went fishing while I took pictures (because fish are gross it's important to document cherished memories). We also got to hang out with a family of ducklings by the fishing pond and watching Luke roar at the ducks was pretty awesome.
(Pictures from 7/25/18)
























No comments:
Post a Comment